struts-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Jesse <alexander.je...@csfs.com>
Subject RE: ActionForm property types
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 09:50:09 GMT
Yes struts is designed to work with String and boolean attributes.
Check out Ted's catalog (link under resources) for the explanation why and how
the app should be designed around this.

hope this helps
Alexander

-----Original Message-----
From: gkephart@basis100.com [mailto:gkephart@basis100.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 2:21 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: ActionForm property types

I'm assuming the properties on an ActionForm must always be String. Is
this true?
I assume this because I'm assuming Struts uses
HttpServletRequest.getParameter, which returns a String. I don't think
that Struts knows to change a String into an int, for example, if the
property is of type int.

Gary
--
Gary Kephart           | Basis 100
Software Engineer      | 4 Park Plaza, Suite 800

This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to whom/which it is addressed, and information contained in
this communication is privileged and confidential.  If the receiver of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us at the above telephone number (so that we may
correct our internal records) and delete this communication without
making a copy of it.  Thank you.