struts-user mailing list archives

From "Abhishek Srivastava" <abhish...@india.hp.com>
Subject Action does not get executed
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 08:34:55 GMT
Hello All,

I have a menu, in which I put the a hyperlink to a jsp. When this jsp is
displayed, some of the fields should have data pre-populated in it. This
data which is used to pre-populate the form is fetched from ejbs.

Now, I have written a struts Form class and a struts Action class and made
correct entries in struts-config.xml. But when I click on the link and the
jsp page is displayed then all values are null, because the Action never got
executed.

Is it that struts classes like ActionForm and Action are executed only when
I do a POST from a FORM element? when I initially load my jsp there is no
form, just a click on the menu to bring up the html.

How can I pre-populate the data.

one approach is that I write a simple java bean that fetched the data from
ejb and use this bean in my jsp directly. But i want that only Action
classes should make contact with ejbs for consistency sake.

please help.

regards,
Abhishek.