struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brandon Goodin" <m...@phase.ws>
Subject RE: Xml to database
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:50:22 GMT
You need to read the article that explains the whole object relational
mapping paradigm that is used in xmldbms. It is quite ingenious. This will
explain why there are so many fields created to reperesent the xml data in a
relational database. The link to the article is:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/05/09/dtdtodbs.html

Hope that clears it up for you,
Brandon Goodin
Phase Communications
P (406)862-2245
F (406)862-0354
http://www.phase.ws

-----Original Message-----
From: ALAMI Ahmed - BOR [mailto:Ahmed.ALAMI@sema.fr]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 3:25 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Xml to database

Hello everyone

	i'm using xml-dbms framework, and i have a problem, if i give to the
map generator this XML file:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE note [
  <!ELEMENT note    (to,from,heading,body)>
  <!ELEMENT to      (#PCDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT from    (#PCDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT heading (#PCDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT body    (#PCDATA)>
]>
<note>
<to>Tove</to>
<from>Jani</from>
<heading>Reminder</heading>
</note>
I get this SQL file:
CREATE TABLE  note  ( toOrder  INTEGER,  headingOrder  INTEGER,  fromOrder
INTEGER,  noteOrder  INTEGER,  body  VARCHAR(255),  notePK  INTEGER,  from
VARCHAR(255),  to  VARCHAR(255),  bodyOrder  INTEGER,  heading
VARCHAR(255))

wich is not very "representative" of the XMl file:

So my question is: can I avoid this problem to get only;
CREATE TABLE  note  ( to VARCHAR(), from VARCHAR())

Thanks to everyone.