struts-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Pilgrim" <peter.pilg...@db.com>
Subject Struts action populate a list then display the jsp
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 16:04:38 GMT
Chicken and the egg

I have a data source and bean with a list of items
One JSP view that list the content of the data source.
I have one action.

I want to allow the user to choose an element from the data source.
My action populates the bean with the items, then go to the view.
The problem is that the user bookmarks the view and of course
there is no data in the bean. How do you populate the bean
without going into the action first?

What is the best practice of populating an a bean from the data
source?

Can you inside a JSP get a reference to an action or ask
Struts to create it if it has not done it yet? If you can do
that then you could call the action by pseudo action
to populate the bean?

Can you call an action without an action form?

--
Peter Pilgrim          |  |        ++44 (0)207-545-9923

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.