struts-user mailing list archives

From Frederic Houbie - ABSIS-GROUP <j...@absis-group.be>
Subject RE: [ANN] free remote JSP/java debugger for Tomcat 3.x and 4.0
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:45:08 GMT
I installed it, I configured the host (localhost, port 8080), but I get
'Failed to established connection to VM'.

I suppose there is something not well configured.

Thanks for help.

Frederic

-----Original Message-----
From: stefan.guggisberg@day.com [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@day.com]On
Behalf Of cqjd@day.com
Sent: mardi 9 octobre 2001 9:40
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ANN] free remote JSP/java debugger for Tomcat 3.x and 4.0

i am not a ejb expert. but as ejb's are basically java code which
implements a bunch of interfaces
and which is running in a j2ee server, i don't see a reason why it
shouldn't be possible to debug
them. as long as you have the source code you should be able to set
breakpoints etc.

why don't you just try it?

                    dmkarr@earthli
                    nk.net (David        To:
struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
                    M. Karr)             cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: [ANN] free remote
JSP/java debugger for Tomcat 3.x
                    10/09/2001            and 4.0
                    03:45 AM
                    Please respond
                    to struts-user

    cqjd> hi david,
    cqjd> we fixed a small problem which prevented our debugger from
automatically
    cqjd> detecting tomcat running within jboss (or any other app server).

    cqjd> i tested cqjd with jboss 2.4.1/tomcat 3.2.3 and yes, i was able
debug jsp
    cqjd> pages,
    cqjd> servlets etc. at the same time.

    cqjd> a new build (1.0.0.3) will be available at
http://www.day.com/devnet within
    cqjd> 1-2 days.

Ok, I know I can debug JSP pages and servlets, but would I be able to debug
EJBs at the same time?

David M. Karr          ; Best Consulting
dmkarr@earthlink.net   ; Java/Unix/XML/C++/X ; BrainBench CJ12P (#12004)