struts-user mailing list archives

From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject Re: [ANN] free remote JSP/java debugger for Tomcat 3.x and 4.0
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2001 01:08:46 GMT
>>>>> "cqjd" == cqjd  <cqjd@day.com> writes:

    cqjd> Day Corp.'s 'Communiqué JSP Debugger' is a remote java/jsp debugger for
    cqjd> Tomcat. it's based on jpda 1.0 (java platform debugger architecture),
    cqjd> which is the official debugging support for the java 2 platform.

    cqjd> some features
    cqjd> -------------
    cqjd> - source-level JSP-debugging - any server, any time
    cqjd> - the only debugger to support JSP debugging on Tomcat versions 3.x AND 4.0
    cqjd> - remote debugging on any JDPA-compliant Virtual Machine (VM)
    cqjd> - browse server-side webapps
    cqjd> - view Servlet/JSP source code
    cqjd> - dynamic and static JSP inclusion support for breakpoints and stepping
    cqjd> - view JSP inclusion dependencies
    cqjd> - no need to modify Tomcat configuration
    cqjd> - absolutely no server deployment necessary
    cqjd> - no file-sharing protocol between debugger and server running Tomcat
    cqjd>   required
    cqjd> - automatic Tomcat configuration detection
    cqjd> - syntax coloring for JSP and Java source code
    cqjd> - one single executable, no setup required (debug client)

What if I'm using the integrated JBoss/Tomcat release?  Would I be able to
debug JSP pages, servlets, and EJBs at the same time?

David M. Karr          ; Best Consulting
dmkarr@earthlink.net   ; Java/Unix/XML/C++/X ; BrainBench CJ12P (#12004)