struts-user mailing list archives

From Alan Wright <AtheneSyst...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Where does html:text tag get its data
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:29:04 GMT
Shawn

Thanks for your time.

Here is the mapping from struts config:

    <!-- UserProfile form bean -->
    <form-bean      name="userProfileForm"
                    type="com.athene.freeminder.UserProfileForm"/>

  </form-beans>

As you can see it matches the name in the action/path mapping and the class is
UserProfileForm and not UserProfileBean.

In the JSP page there are no references whatsoever to userProfileBean or
UserProfileBean.

I am certain that the data being displayed is coming from the UserProfileBean
because I hard coded the return value of the getters in both the form and the
bean classes to be sure of where the data is coming from.

At the moment I am working on the hypothesis that Struts is using some sort of
naming convention logic to go straight to UserProfileBean for the properties it
needs.

In the struts example I note that the object classes have names like "User" and
"Subscription" with no "Bean" suffix.  The action code uses
propertyutils.copyproperties to move data from the business object to the form.
I will probably hack the source code for the example around a bit to test my
theory.

Thanks

Alan Wright