struts-user mailing list archives

From Anna Englund <anna_englund2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using <html:errors/>
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:55:08 GMT
Hi,

I'm new with Struts and have a question on how to
display error messages.

In my Action I detect an error and take the following
actions:
- Create an ArrayErrors object, errors
- Add a new ArrayError to errors
- Save errors in request
- Retrieves the messages with <html:errors/> in my jsp

errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR,
	new ActionError("error.company.updatecollision"));
saveErrors(request, errors);

The problem I'm having is that the error message is
never displayed. I've added a java snippet in my jsp
that retrieves all attributes from the request and
there I can find the bean
org.apache.struts.action.ERROR which has a property
named org.apache.struts.action.GLOBAL_ERROR.

I have no idea what I have done wrong. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.
//Anna