struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian K. Buckley" <bbuck...@surfglobal.net>
Subject populate form using parameters instead of form
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:52:03 GMT
Hello,

I have a working MyForm subclass ActionForm.  Elsewhere in my application,
I'd like to use the same MyForm but populate it using the parameters in the
httpquest (the querystring), so that a user can click on a link (setup with
the appropriate querystring) to submit data.

To get this done, one could just process the parameters in the perform
method of the Action class, but since the MyForm and its validate() already
contains the logic I need, I've rather reuse it.

I've found that if I go <action name="myForm" ...> in struts-config.xml, but
access that action from a link, I get an "Attempted a bean operation on a
null object" error.

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do?

Brian