struts-user mailing list archives

From "Maria Laura Velazquez" <mla...@spcom.com.ar>
Subject RE: Problem with Struts in VAJ 3.5.3 WTE
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 12:25:46 GMT
Hi!
	Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm new to struts.

	Finally, I have made the employeelist example work!
	The problem with the "Missing message for key index.title" error was that I
have another ApplicationResources.properties file in another proyect, that
was in the classpath too. And WTE found it first, and it tried to find the
index.title key in that file, and it couldn't.
	So, to solve the problem, I renamed that file in the other project, and WTE
started to work with the emploeyeelist's resources.

	My conclusion is that if it exists 2 or more properties files with the same
name for different projects in the classpath, WTE will take the first, or at
least, only one of them.

	If somebody has another conclusion.....thanks!

	I hope this will help somebody else.

	Regards.

	ML

-----Mensaje original-----
De: McIvor, David (LIT) [mailto:D.McIvor@Liberty-IT.co.uk]
Enviado el: miércoles, 01 de agosto de 2001 6:14
Para: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Asunto: RE: Problem with Struts in VAJ 3.5.3 WTE

I think this file can be located any where, however it must also be added to
Visual Age as a resource.  To add as a resource...

Go to the Resource Tab and select the required project.
Right click on the project you want to add the file to and select
Add>>Resource.
Browse to the directory holding the ApplicationResources.properties file and
click OK.
Select the ApplicationResources.properties file and click OK.

I wasn't able to get the employeelist example working, but I did get the
"strut-example" application working.  I found the "strut-example" code much
easier to work with.

David

David McIvor
Experienced Software Developer

Liberty Information Technology	Direct Line:	++44 (0) 28 9044 5520
Clarendon House				Fax:			++44 (0) 28
9044 5511
9-21 Adelaide Street			Switchboard:	++44 (0) 28 9044
5500
Belfast, Northern Ireland BT2 8DJ	Email:
D.McIvor@Liberty-IT.co.uk

Disclaimer: The contents of this e-mail and attached files in no way reflect
any policies of Liberty Information Technology Ltd.