struts-user mailing list archives

From JEWea...@thoughtworks.com
Subject Namespace not supported by SAXParser
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:05:11 GMT

Whew.

Hi, trying to run app using Struts nightly build (latest 8/15 I believe)
under Tomcat.  Getting the following error on tomcat startup:

Digester.getParser:
javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: Namespace not supported by
SAXParser

I see a number of others on this list have had this problem before, but I'm
square with the posted solutions I've seen.  Think I followed the install
instructions.  I do not have the struts.jar in my classpath on Tomcat
startup (it is in the lib of my webapp).  I have the jaxp 1.1 jar and xalan
jar in the lib for my webapp as well.  I've also tried with the xerces
1.4.2 jar instead of xalan, but end up with same error.  Hmmm.  Any ideas?

Jim