struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rama Krishna" <krishko...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Please Help!!! Struts application running fine on tomcat 3.2.3 does not run on tomcat 4.0
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:31:05 GMT
try placing the oracle classes.zip in you catalina_home/lib

hope this helps,
rama.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shamdasani Nimmi-ANS004" <ANS004@motorola.com>
To: "struts-user@jakarta. apache. org (E-mail)"
<struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 9:53 AM
Subject: Please Help!!! Struts application running fine on tomcat 3.2.3 does
not run on tomcat 4.0


> Hi,
>
> My application, which runs fine with tomcat 3.2.3, gives the error below
on tomcat 4.0. I am using struts 1.0.
>
> I copied the jaxp.jar, crimson.jar and xalan.jar to CATALINA_HOME/lib.
Looking at the log there seems to be problem with the datasource. I am using
Oracle and my classpath  has classes.zip from Oracle which I believe
includes the driver, JDBC 2.0 API and JDBC standard extension. Since the
application works fine on tomcat 3.2.3 I take it that I have all JDBC stuff
that I need.
>
> So why this error? Please help because I am on a time crunch.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Nimmi
>
> Here's the error:
>
> 2001-08-28 11:48:05 StandardHost[localhost]: Installing web application at
context path /msqc from URL file:D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7\webapps\msqc
> 2001-08-28 11:48:05 WebappLoader[/msqc]: Deploying class repositories to
work directory D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7\work\localhost\msqc
> 2001-08-28 11:48:05 WebappLoader[/msqc]: Deploy JAR
/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar to
D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7\webapps\msqc\WEB-INF\lib\struts.jar
> 2001-08-28 11:48:05 StandardManager[/msqc]: Seeding random number
generator class java.security.SecureRandom
> 2001-08-28 11:48:05 StandardManager[/msqc]: Seeding of random number
generator has been completed
> 2001-08-28 11:48:06 StandardWrapper[/msqc:default]: Loading container
servlet default
> 2001-08-28 11:48:06 default: init
> 2001-08-28 11:48:06 StandardWrapper[/msqc:invoker]: Loading container
servlet invoker
> 2001-08-28 11:48:06 invoker: init
> 2001-08-28 11:48:06 action: init
> 2001-08-28 11:48:06 action: Loading application resources from resource
com.motorola.mms.msqc.other.ApplicationResources
> 2001-08-28 11:48:06 action: Initializing configuration from resource path
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
> 2001-08-28 11:48:07 StandardContext[/msqc]: Servlet /msqc threw load()
exception
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet action threw
exception
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:852)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:
3240)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3350)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:785)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:415)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:643)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:300)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:389)
> at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:232)
> at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
t.java:155)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1131)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1123)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:278)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:368)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:473)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:738)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:657)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:178)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:202)
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/sql/DataSource
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:486)
> at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)
> at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLo
ader.java:1484)
> at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:851)
> at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1230)
> at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1113)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
> at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
> at
org.apache.struts.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:152)
> at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:528)
> at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.startElement(XMLReaderAdapter.java:329)
> at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1451)
> at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1700)
> at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1468)
> at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1700)
> at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1468)
> at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:499)
> at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:304)
> at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:433)
> at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.parse(XMLReaderAdapter.java:223)
> at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:317)
> at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:108)
> at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:755)
> at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping(ActionServlet.java:1331)
> at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:465)
> at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:833)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:
3240)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3350)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:785)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:415)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:643)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:300)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:389)
> at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:232)
> at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
t.java:155)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1131)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1123)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:278)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:368)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:473)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:738)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:657)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:178)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:202)
>
>
>
> Please help
>

Mime
View raw message