struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gonzalez, Rafael E" <Rafael.E.Gonza...@usa.xerox.com>
Subject RE: referring to a formBean property in a scriptlet
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:12:23 GMT
You have access to your formBean in a scriplet since the formBean is
assummed to be created or the framework will create one for you if you
declared properly in the <form-beans> mappings (see user guide section 2.3).
The form bean is created and placed in the session for you to use it. I
highly recommend to use the <logic:equal> and <bean:write> tags to perform
what you want.
for example:

<logic:equal name="yourFormBean" property="isNew" value="true">
</logic:equal>
<logic:equal name="yourFormBean" property="isNew" value="false">
   <bean:write name=yourFormBean" property="employeeeID" filter="true"/>
</logic:equal>

You need to declare the struts library tags in your jsp page and the proper
<action> and <form-bean> mappings in the struts-config.xml
I hope this helps.