struts-user mailing list archives

From "Turgay Zengin" <turgay_zen...@hotmail.com>
Subject Struts example application deployed on webappcabaret
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi everybody,

I have finished my first Struts application (well, nearly finished), and I
thought you may want to have a look at it. You can find it at work at
http://www.webappcabaret.com/turgayzengin , and also I have a place on
sourceforge where you can find the source code at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/coursetracking.

It is a simple application, which helps you track training courses
information in a company. You can add/edit course information and add/delete
employees to/from courses. Then you get reports about courses and employees.

It is not complete yet, however I thought that (if you have time) you may
have a look and point the design mistakes or any other bad practices I did,
and also make suggestions to make it a better application. Also, if you are
new to Struts or web application development, I will be happy if you find
anything useful for you.

Please note that the code is not optimised, user interface is very simple,
there are only "Resultsets" for database operations (Rowsets may be used),
etc. However, it is working, and I want to improve it, so your help will be
very much appreciated.

I'll be happy if such an application will be useful for others. Anyway, it
is available on sourceforge and webappcabaret, you are welcome to have a
look at it...

To try the app on webappcabaret, logon as "training" with no password. You
will now be able to insert/update courses and get reports.

I would like to know if there are any other applications developed using
Struts available, other than the ones listed on www.husted.com/about/struts.

Have fun,
Turgay.