struts-user mailing list archives

From "Assenza, Chris" <casse...@Accessdc.com>
Subject RE: DTD Reference Problem Encountered while exercise the Struts E mployeelist Example in VAJ WTE 3.5.3
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 21:08:49 GMT
Just for the sake of getting it working and at the expense of hard-coding,
extract the DTD's to some location on your drive and make the doctype
declaration look like:

<!DOCTYPE struts-config SYSTEM "file:/c:/etc/etc/etc/struts-config_1_0.dtd">

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Rongbin_R_Cai@KeyBank.com [mailto:Rongbin_R_Cai@KeyBank.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 4:31 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: DTD Reference Problem Encountered while exercise the Struts
Employeelist Example in VAJ WTE 3.5.3

Hi,

     I tried  to exercise the employeelist example in my VAJ 3.5.3
environment. I
encountered a problem of locating a DTD file while starting Servlet Engine
listed below:

     (1) When I used <!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
               "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration
1.0//EN"

"http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd">
     within the struts-config.xml
     I got error message of
"...... External entity not
found:"http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd".

     (2) When I tried to use <!DOCTYPE struts-config SYSTEM

"http://localhost:8080/WEB-INF/struts-config_1_0.dtd"> or
                         <!DOCTYPE struts-config SYSTEM
"struts-config_1_0.dtd">
     within the struts-config.xml
     I got error message of
"...... Relative URI "/WEB-INF/struts-config_1_0.dtd"; cannot be resolved
without a document root URI".

     If someone can give me solutions or suggestions on how to fix this
problem, it will be appreciated.

Rongbin Cai
Rongbin_R_Cai@keybank.com