struts-user mailing list archives

From MALBEQUI Stephane <STEPHANE.MALBE...@unibail.fr>
Subject RE: location of ApplicationResources.properties...
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:49:37 GMT
Hi,

in the web.xml file when you configure the action servlet, the parameter
application says where to find the ApplicationResources.properties file
(like a java class), in the case below the ApplicationResources.properties
must be in the WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/struts/webapp/example directory

  <!-- Action Servlet Configuration -->
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources</param-va
lue>
    </init-param>

Hope this helps.

Stephane M

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Howie [mailto:caffeine@TooDarkPark.org]
Envoyé : Wednesday, August 22, 2001 5:15 PM
À : struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc : caffeine@TooDarkPark.org
Objet : location of ApplicationResources.properties...

where does ApplicationResources.properties have to be to get things to
Just Work(tm) ?  i've put it in
WEB-INF/classes/my/package/tree/ApplicationResources.properties,
WEB-INF/classes, WEB-INF, the app root, etc.  but struts ( bean:message )
still cant manage to find something thats in the .properties file.
interestingly, the struts example apps have no problems with grabbing info
from the .properties file.  they can even look at _my_ properties file,
but as soon as i try to use it in my app, no go.

---
Howie <caffeine@toodarkpark.org>   URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
     "This sort of thing has cropped up before and has always been
      due to human error." -- HAL