struts-user mailing list archives

From John Yu <j...@scioworks.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: action-mapping: why must the action-Attribute path be equivalent to the name of the jsp?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 08:48:01 GMT
I share a similar concern.

I'm wondering if it makes sense to extend Struts' mapping architecture so
that it will also look into a 'magic' url parameter and dispatch accordingly.

For example, if the URL is
MyAction.do?subAction=Create

the ActionServlet will dispatch the request to the MyActionCreate class
given the following (enhanced) action mapping.

   <action path="MyAction" subAction="Create" type="MyActionCreate" .../>

This will make it easily to have forms with multiple buttons which require
different actions.
--
John

--
John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989