struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Security, authentication and authorisation with Struts
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:15:07 GMT
Jonathan M Crater wrote:
> i'd also be interested in hearing the rationale behind the desire not to
> subclass ActionServlet from those of you who prefer to avoid it.

Offering alternatives to subclassing ActionServlet so that other
resources (like things for ValidatorForm and Tiles) can be loaded has
come up a lot, and Oleg has come up with a good solution that we are
testing. So, the context here is why should I subclass the ActionServlet
*just* to do this. And if we all start offering cool resources that
require the ActionServlet to be subclassed, the heirarchy can get out of
control. But, I don't believe there are systemic problems with
sublassing ActionServlet for appliation-specific needs.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/