struts-user mailing list archives

From "Laine Donlan" <ldon...@elogex.com>
Subject RE: caching custom tag results
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:40:53 GMT
Mike -

We sometimes use the page context to store tag results under a key name.
If tag executes multiple times per page then it checks the page context
for something under that key before going forward with processing.  One
thing though, if the results of the tag depend on the attributes
provided to it, then you have to some sort of intelligent keying so that
the tags with similar attributes will be cached correctly.

Laine

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Dewhirst [mailto:Dewhirst.M@UCLES.org.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 12:19 PM
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Cc: 'struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: caching custom tag results

If anybody has done this before, what is a good way of caching custom
tag
results? For instance, I have a custom tag, that generates image tags
(by
dynamically building up the url). I'd rather it didn't go through the
same
process 4 times for the same image. How can I get around this?

Thanks for any advice/suggestion.

=**********************************************************

If you are not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination or copying of this communication and its
attachments is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication and its attachments in error,
please return the original message and attachments to the sender using
the reply facility on e-mail.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the UCLES Group
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of the UCLES Group unless otherwise
specifically stated.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses although this does not
guarantee that this email is virus free.