struts-user mailing list archives

From Alex Colic <aco...@yahoo.com>
Subject New Message tag format help please!
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:22:37 GMT
Hi,

I notice that the message tags written by David Winterfeldt have been rolled into the Struts
project. I downloaded the latest version of Struts and I am retrofitting the message tags.
I think
I figured out that I need that following code in my action class to save a message:

messages.add(ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE,  new
ActionMessage("rfqRFQCreationResponse.title","Hello"));

But now I am wondering how to retrieve the message on a page. I tried:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-validator.tld" prefix="validator" %>

<validator:messagesExist name="MyMessage">
   <ul>
   <validator:messages id="message"
              name="MyMessage">
      <li><bean:write name="message"/></li>
   </validator:messages>
   </ul><hr>
</validator:messagesExist>

but this is not finding the message in the request session.

Could you give me a quick tip and tell me how to access the new version of the messages on
the
page?

Thanks

Alex

=====
Regards

Alex Colic, HBA, B. Ed
PopWare Inc. "Driving down the cost of conversions!"
E-Mail: Alex.Colic@pop-ware.com
Tel: 1-905-777-8171 ext. 104
Fax: 1-905-777-0132