struts-user mailing list archives

From "Toni Charlot" <t...@fdplus.com>
Subject RE: Barracuda vs. Struts (request for review)
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 00:04:57 GMT
I'll have to agree with Ted on this one.  I do think Struts and
Barracuda are in the same category.  One can argue that Barracuda
enforces the separation of model and view more strictly by not using JSP.

Some developers like myself, may appreciate the freedom of choice.  They
are indeed times when it's necessary to break the clean pattern, even
temporarily,
in order to meet deadlines or for quick demos and presentations.

I think the main problem we've been running into here is the title of the
threads.
Barracuda vs. Struts maybe should be Barracuda compared to Struts.

The title and the tone of the write up was basically saying struts is bad
and Barracuda
is good.  A struts users' list is not the best place for such discussions.
Of course
a lot of struts developers will get upset.

Christian I appreciate the write up because I was impressed at how well the
documentation
was written.  But show the differences and not focus on the advertising
"Barracuda is
much better than struts".  I thank you for wanting to give a fair
comparison.

Barracuda as well as struts has a lot of evolving to do.  For now, I think
struts is
further along.

The Struts guys deserve a big CONGRATULATIONS for having such a useful
product at
only version 1.0.

Great work at Barracuda as well, I sure hope to have a chance to work on a
collaborative
effort between the two frameworks in order to merge the "commons" a la
org.apache.commons.

T2.