struts-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Wilson-Billing" <scot...@btconnect.com>
Subject Re: iPlanet OT: Why do I have to add jars in WEB-INF/lib to my classpath?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:39:24 GMT
Matt,

I checked today and the behavior described by Andre is the same for us. We
take no additional action regarding the struts jar files and they do get
un-compressed on deployment (via iasdeploy).

I assume you're using iasdeploy ?

Scott Wilson-Billing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paradis, Andri" <andre.paradis@versalys.com>
To: <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 7:08 PM
Subject: RE: iPlanet OT: Why do I have to add jars in WEB-INF/lib to my
classpath?

Matt,

I package my war file with a build file using ant. I just copy all my
jar files in web-inf/lib, then jar the whole directory structure into a
.war, and deploy the file using iasdeploy.

Once deployed, all jar file contained in my war file end-up
beeing uncompressed in the web-inf/lib directory under apps/appname in
ias directory.  I supppose they (iPlanet) only put appName/web-inf/lib
in classpath, so you have to uncompress
your jar files. I find that annoying to do, so i use my build file to
deploy when new jar files are added to the project.

post if you find a better explanation or a fix for this behavior.

Andre Paradis