struts-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Raible" <matt_rai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Validation FW: Displaying messages passed the request
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:00:57 GMT
I have a SaveAction that sets up some success messages using:

messages.add(new ActionMessage("timesheetManage.save.success"));
saveMessages(Constants.MESSAGE_KEY, request, messages);

And upon this save, the findForward("success") forwards to another action class with:

<forward
          name="success"
          path="/do/editTimesheet?action=Edit" redirect="true" />

But on the JSP after, there are no messages displayed.  I know the answer why, and that is
because "redirect=true".  However, this is the only way I can forward to another action class
in iPlanet.

Anyone know of a workaround to carry these messages into the next page?  Can I check the request
in "editTimesheet" to see if messages exist, and if so - add them to the request again?

Thanks,

Matt