struts-user mailing list archives

From <Peter.Spiessb...@bank-verlag.de>
Subject VIRUS Warning: AW: Data Object and Calendar
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 08:29:52 GMT
Hi Andrei,
what does this mean:

ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange has detected virus-infected attachment(s).

Sender = mamitchev_a@iba.com.by
Recipient(s) = struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject = Re: Data Object and Calendar
Scanning Time = 08/01/2001 09:54:48

Action on virus found:
The attachment validate.js matched file blocking settings. ScanMail has
Deleted it.

Warning to recipient. ScanMail detected a virus in an email attachment.
08/01/200109:54 AM
[validate.js/Deleted]
Re: Data Object and Calendar
mamitchev_a@iba.com.by

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: mamitchev_a@iba.com.by [mailto:mamitchev_a@iba.com.by]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. August 2001 10:47
An: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Data Object and Calendar

Matt,

I solved this problem using JavaScript (if Java behaves with the same way,
it will work for Java too). I compared resulting values of day, month and
year for destination date after setting this properties. If they're
different, date is invalid.
I include my JavaScript version here: (See attached file: validate.js)

-----------------------
Andrei Mamitchev
mamitchev@hotmail.com
ICQ#: 89581227

I have a Data Object (DO) that we use to throw b/w our EJBs and forms.

1.  In one particular DO, I am using the Gregorian Calendar to set day,
month
and year.
2.  I am using the validation framework to validate that day is b/w 1-31,
that
month is b/w 1-12 and year is b/w 2001 and 2100.

The validation framework is not validating day or month, because with the
gregorian calendar in my getters/setters - you can set a day or a month to
any
number and it will simply increment the calendar.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this?  I'd like to NOT use
Javascript,
but I want to validate the value the user entered, rather than the value
from
the DO using getValue();