struts-user mailing list archives

From <Peter.Spiessb...@bank-verlag.de>
Subject AW: AW: action-mapping: why must the action-Attribute path be equivalent to the name of the jsp?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 08:18:06 GMT
Isn't it against the mvc philosophy to put navigation code (e.g. control)
into
a tag (e.g. view) ?

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ted Husted [mailto:husted@apache.org]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2001 18:42
An: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: action-mapping: why must the action-Attribute path be
equivalent to the name of the jsp?

The usual solution would be to design your forms to contain hidden
fields that tell the Action which operation to perform with the next
request. So typically, there would be one button with a hidden field
that conveyed whether this was the "FirstAction" or the "SecondAction".
These would all go back to a single Action that either performed all the
operations, or forwarded onto another Action.

If you will be using this button that much, you might also consider
writing your own custom tag so the button could program itself from the
request. In general, the request is meant to convey information to the
presentation layer about how it is suppose to write itself.

In my own projects, I am experimenting with ways to make the current
ActionMappings available to the JSP, as they are to perform() and
validate(), which starts to open several doors.