struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: calling actionmapping from a URL
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:20:39 GMT
The ActionMapping has a property for validation. To call the Action
without validation, set

validate=false

in your ActionMapping.

An Action is not a servlet, and you cannot call it directly from an URL.
In every case, the request is passed to the ActionServlet by the
container. The ActionServlet determines which Action to use by referring
to the ActionMappings. So in the example case, you must have mapping
named "myaction", or else it could not be called. You may wish to set
validate=false for that mapping, and leave it at true for the others.

If there is some other type of validation occuring in your Action, which
you put in yourself, you could check the mapping object passed to
perform() to see if validation should be used or not.

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/