struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jon.Ridgway" <Jon.Ridg...@upco.co.uk>
Subject Invalidating sessions and container auth.
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:26:46 GMT
Hi All,

This isn't a struts specific question, but someone may have an answer...

I'm using form based auth in my Struts based app and I need an option to log
user out. Right now my LogoutAction perform method calls request.getSession
(false).invalidate(). The problem is that the container (in this specific
case Tomcat 3.2.1) doesn't recognize that the user has been logged out. As
no attempt is made to re-auth them. Is there a standard Java way to log a
user out and force a container to re-auth ?

Jon.