struts-user mailing list archives

From Matt Raible <matt_rai...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to implement a "done" button
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:26:13 GMT
I have the following situation:

A user logs into my application and is presented with
a main menu.

>From there, they click on a link to view a search
screen.  The search screen uses <html:form> to submit
the parameters of the search back to itself and
display the results below the search criteria.  There
is no action servlet involved.

I want to add a button on the bottom of the screen
that says "Done" and when the user clicks on it, it
returns them back to the main menu.

Is there a way with struts forms and the
action-mapping in struts-config.xml to make this work?

Is it possible to have a "global-forward" and the
button calls it when clicked?

I tried the following, but it does not work, but is my
vision of what would be easy:

<!-- simple search resource -->
<action
	path="/searchResource"
	forward="/resourceList"
	name="resourceDO"
	scope="request"
	validate="false"
	input="/resourceList">
	<forward name="cancel" path="/mainMenu"/>
</action>