----- Original Message ----- From: Jesse Vitrone To: Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 4:15 PM Subject: RE: new problem - fixed one, now I've got another > I thought it worked like this: > > > > type="com.giantbear.struts.BNPriceForm"/> > > > > > type="com.giantbear.struts.BNPriceAction" > name="priceForm" > scope="request" > validate="false"> > > > > > > > My index.jsp has this: > > > > > > > > Because of the config, doesn't it call BNPriceForm, then BNPriceAction? > BNPriceForm does the validation, and BNPriceAction gets the value, creates / > sets / adds to the session my BNBook bean, and then moves on to the next > page. The next page, then uses that bean to display the info. > > Am I thinking of that wrong? No, you're right. One more thing you need to know is that if you forward to your jsp and there is already a BNPriceForm in the context, it will be used to set the initial values of the form. If there isn't, a new one will be created for you by Struts. This is why the html:text, checkbox etc. need to be in the form field, to have access to this bean. That is why you got the error closing the tag ( ...). The text tags didn't find the Form bean. If I add class="com.giantbear.struts.BNBook" > to my html:form, what does that get me? There are no class attribute for the form tag. However there is a type attribute that I think can be used if there are no config parameters in struts-config. > I think I'm a little confused on how things work. Any help clearing things > up is greatly appriciated. > > Thanks, > Jesse > Jean-Noel