struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: validate attribute in ActionMapping
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 05:52:58 GMT

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Matthias Bauer wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am trying to set the default value for validate in the ActionMapping class to
> false. So I subclassed ActionMapping and did this in the constructor:
>
> 	public ApplicationMapping()
> 	{
> 		super();
> 		setValidate(false);
> 	}
>
> The constructor gets called (verified that with traces), but when an action is
> excuted, validate is set to true. I looked in the struts code but didn't find
> the place where this could happen.
>
> Does anybody have an idea what is going on here?

It's a little obscure, but I figured out what was causing this.

The DTD file had default values for the "unknown" and
"validate" properties of the <action> element, which would override the
default values you set in your custom ActionMapping class.  These defaults
have been removed, so that the above technique will work -- should be
available in tonight's nightly build.

> Thanks,
>
> --- Matthias

Craig