struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing Property
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:27:17 GMT

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Ken Beyer wrote:

> On the same thread... can someone tell me why I can't put ....
>     property="aBCDefg" with a bean getter of "getABCDefg()"
>
> Note the 2nd char being an uppercase "B".  I were to make the "B" a
> lowercase "b",  it works.  The problem stems from the 2nd char in the
> property name being a capital.  I'm on Tomcat 3.3m1 + Struts 1.0b1

There are some somewhat arcane rules in the JavaBeans spec about what
happens when you've got property names with embedded capital letters -- I
would suggest going there (it can be found through
<http://java.sun.com/products>).

Struts is relying on the JDK's standard introspection classes, so it's
totally at the mercy of the JDK rules to define what valid property names
are.

> Any advice?   is this a bug?
> Thx-
> Ken