struts-user mailing list archives

From BAlapp...@lgcommerznow.com
Subject RE: WLS5.1/SP8 Problem defining JSP class
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 17:36:52 GMT

Hi Bob!

Thanks a lot... the problem is solved. I think earlier my SP8 was not
active due to wrong positioning in the weblogic path.

Much appreciated.

Biju Isac

                    rhayden@rdg.boehringer-ing

                    elheim.com                        To:     struts-user@jakarta.apache.org

                                                      cc:

                    03/07/01 07:35 PM                 Subject:     RE: WLS5.1/SP8 Problem
defining JSP class
                    Please respond to

                    struts-user

My System Classpath:
F:\weblogic\lib\weblogic510sp8boot.jar;F:\Tools\jdk1.3\lib\j2ee.jar;
f:\Oracle\Ora81\jdbc\lib\classes12.zip;f:
\Oracle\Ora81\jdbc\lib\nls_charset1
2_01.zip;
f:\Oracle\Ora81\jdbc\lib\nls_charset11.zip;f:
\Oracle\Ora81\jdbc\lib\nls_char
set10.zip;
f:\Oracle\Ora81\jdbc\lib\classes102.zip;f:
\Oracle\Ora81\jdbc\lib\classes111.
zip;
f:\tools\lib\tools.jar;f:\tomcat\lib\webserver.jar;
f:\tomcat\lib\xml.jar;f:\tomcat\lib\jasper.jar;f:\tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;
f:\tomcat\lib\ant.jar;f:\tools\xerces-1_3_0\xerces.jar
My Weblogic classpath:
set
WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH=.\license;.\classes;.\lib\weblogicaux.jar;.
\myserver\serv
erclasses;
.\lib\wlssp8-struts.jar;.\lib\weblogic510sp8.jar;f:
\tools\xerces-1_3_0\xerce
s.jar

Why does your classpath make reference to tomcat libraries? I would stick
the WL supplied servlet classes. And, your SP8 files must be placed at the
start of both classpaths. I recommend the following:

1) Make sure WL is started from the \weblogic root. Also, javac.exe and
weblogic/bin directory need to be included in your windows system PATH.
2) Change your system CLASSPATH to:

.\lib\weblogic510sp8boot.jar;.\classes\boot;f:
\Oracle\Ora81\jdbc\lib\classes
111.zip;f:\tools\xerces-1_3_0\xerces.jar

3) and your weblogic classpath to:

.\lib\weblogic510sp8.jar;.\license;.\classes;.\lib\weblogicaux.jar;.
\myserve
r\serverclasses

4) In addition to this, you will need to extract the
ApplicationProfile.properties from each war file to the _tmp directory
created by WL. Refer to the installation notes for WL5.1 supplied with the
Struts distibution for more information.

For reference, I have attached my startup script for WL. I use this on both
NT and HP-UX successfully (with a few minor OS related changes)

 <<startwl.cmd>>
Bob