struts-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Thomas <jtho...@vitria.com>
Subject RE: form bean question
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:59:03 GMT
The <html:form> tag will either lookup or instantiate the ActionForm so that
the form parameters can be set to meaningful values on the page. Then, when
the user makes changes and submits the form, the ActionServlet will populate
the same ActionForm instance (if it is given 'session' scope) with the
user's values and pass the form bean to the Action controller.
--
Jacob

-----Original Message-----
From: Eugene Krivopaltsev [mailto:eugenek@mpkmail.Eng.Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 10:52 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: form bean question

Hello everyone,

I am learning struts and have following question:

  Why form should be described in two places:

  1. in jsp page (I am looking at logon example):

     < html:form name="LogonForm" type="fully qualif. name" ...

  2. struts-config.xml

      <form bean name=name="LogonForm"
      	type = "   as in 1 "

 Thanks,
Eugene Krivopaltsev			Sun Microsystems, Inc.
eugene.krivopaltsev@sun.com		901 San Antonio Road
Voice: 650.786.6260 (x86260)            Palo Alto, CA. 94303
Fax:   650.786.7816                     www.sun.com