struts-user mailing list archives

From Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>
Subject Re: Getting Locale from a non-struts servlet
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:02:29 GMT
I would be pleased if I would be able to specify a default local
in web.xml for struts (as an init parameter). All the other ways
can be late to override the system/servlet-engine default locale.
(E.g. if you use the servlet container's authentication the user
can enter at many different places and it is simply annoying to
start every action with locale checking.)

Every user sessions could inherit this value unless they override
in the http header or in some programmatic way. I can't see any
drawback but test the idea before applying a feature request on
Bugzilla.                                                 incze