Yep, you're right.. i'm still getting my head around the tools Struts provides. Thanks for your help -Pete > -----Original Message----- > From: Craig R. McClanahan [SMTP:Craig.McClanahan@eng.sun.com] > Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 1:32 PM > To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org > Subject: Re: logic:greaterEqual tag (also logic:iterate with Arrays > thread) > > Pete Black wrote: > > > Does anybody know whether this will be the preferred method of accessing > > bean methods using logic tags in Struts? > > > > It seems a little confusing that you have to know the names of the bean > you > > are using when you use logic:xxx tags, but not with html:xxx tags. > > > > If it counts for anything, my vote would be to keep the default case in > all > > the tags consistent - when there is no name parameter defined, the > property > > tag refers to the bean bound to the current action in struts-config.xml. > It > > makes things clean and magical like they should be. > > > > Is the current behaviour set in stone for version 1? > > > > Consider a case where the Struts example application uses a conditional > tag > outside the scope of an tag -- the check for which type of > transaction is being performed at the top of "registration.jsp" in several > places, including when creating the element: > > <logic:equal name="registrationForm" property="action" > scope="request" value="Create"> > <title><bean:message key="registration.title.create"/> > > > If the name attribute were not entered here, I don't see how the tag could > know > what bean you are referring to. > > It would be feasible to make an assumption that, if you're inside a form, > then > you must be talking about the form bean -- although that risks confusion > as > well because the tag would behave quite differently depending on where it > was > placed. > > > > > Thanks > > > > -Pete > > > > Craig McClanahan >