struts-user mailing list archives

From Dan Cancro <DCan...@corp.work.com>
Subject RE: More on Weblogic and Struts
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 01:16:58 GMT
Never mind.  I wrongly put the Application.properties file here:

c:\jakarta-struts\webapps\WEB-INF\_tmp_war_strutsexample

instead of here

C:\jakarta-struts\webapps\WEB-INF\_tmp_war_strutsexample\org\apache\struts\e
xample

Now it works.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Cancro [mailto:DCancro@corp.work.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 4:44 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: More on Weblogic and Struts

Mine didn't work.

I'm using struts (build jakarta-struts-20010205.zip) with Weblogic 5.1 sp 8.
After following the instructions, I get the following error:

Tue Feb 06 16:18:03 PST 2001:<I> <WebAppServletContext-strutsexample>
Generated java file:
C:\jakarta-struts\webapps\WEB-INF\_tmp_war_strutsexample\jsp_servlet\_index.
java
Tue Feb 06 16:18:07 PST 2001:<E> <WebAppServletContext-strutsexample> Root
cause of ServletException
javax.servlet.ServletException: runtime failure in custom tag 'message'
        at jsp_servlet._index._jspService(_index.java, Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
:106)
        at
:124)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:907)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:851)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java:252)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:364)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:252)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled
Code)

BTW, I am told that Weblogic version 6.0 generates more useful error
messages when tags misbehave.  That should make things a lot easier.

Dan