struts-user mailing list archives

From Peter Alfors <peter.alf...@irista.com>
Subject session ids cont...
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:12:11 GMT
I.E. 5.0 and 5.5 generate unique session ids for each simultaneous
browser session.  However, both Netscape 4.7 and Netscape 6 return the
same Id.

I dont think that URL-rewriting will help in this situation.  If I
understand URL-rewriting correctly, all that is happening is that the
session id is being tacked on the end of the request URL.

Has anyone else run into this problem (and hopefully come up with a
solution?)

One alternative is to generate my own session object with a unique Id
the frist time the user makes a request.  Then the action controller
could manage the sessions, while the pages use URL-rewriting to notify
the action controller which session to use.

I don't particularly care for this solution, so I am hoping that I am
over-looking something simple.  :)

Pete