struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <news....@husted.com>
Subject Re: define tag
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 20:45:37 GMT
Here's a sample JSP that may help answer your questions.

<HTML>
<bean:define id="cool" name="guava"/>
<BODY>
<P><logic:notExist name="cool">Ooops ... </logic:notExist></P>
<P><bean:write name="cool" property="name"></P>
</BODY>
</HTML>

You''ll find that the bean tags, like HTML, are very forgiving.

One nice thing about working with JSP is that it very easy to try
things like this, to see how things work.