struts-user mailing list archives

From Ratnadeep Bhattacharjee <Ratnadeep.Bhattachar...@east.sun.com>
Subject How to build the struts-example?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 00:16:07 GMT
Hello all.

I am very new to Struts. I have downloaded the binary version of Struts 0.5 from
the web and read thru the docs and also ran the examples. I was interested in
building the example application instead of copying the WAR file to the webapps
directory of jakarta-tomcat. I am not nure how to go about building it though. I
tried to run the build.sh in etc/ but it doesn't seem to find the classes. I
have changed the *_HOME in build.sh as follows:

# ----- Verify and Set Required Environment Variables -------------------------

ANT_HOME=${TOMCAT_HOME}
ANT_OPTS=${TOMCAT_HOME}
SERVLETAPI_HOME=${TOMCAT_HOME}
TOMCAT_HOME=${TOMCAT_HOME}

where TOMCAT_HOME is the root of my jakarta-tomcat installation.

I get the following error whenever I run build.sh:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jakarta-tomcat-3/2/1

My jakarta tomcat installation root is  jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
-Deep.