struts-user mailing list archives

From Matas_Vei...@amsinc.com
Subject Re: Templating Mechanism
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 16:14:12 GMT

Take a look at this Sept Javaworld article. It explains how to use a JSP
template mechanism with  three custom tags.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-2000/jw-0915-jspweb.html

Matt

"Vincent Harcq" <vincent_harcq@yahoo.com> on 11/12/2000 10:46:39 PM

Please respond to struts-user@jakarta.apache.org; Please respond to
      vincent.harcq@bsquaresoft.com

To:   struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:    (bcc: Matas Veitas/AMS/AMSINC)

Subject:  Templating Mechanism

After reading the User Guide, I am not sure if Struts does have a Templating
Mechanism or not.
By that I mean one (or 2 or 3) that defines the basic structure of the site
in 3 (for example) parts : a header, the left panel and a body.  This
template will always be the jsp:forward and have two jsp:include to include
the two static (for example) header and left panes pages and one jsp:include
that would get a parameter from the request to now which page to include.
Something similar to the PetStore example.

I like that because it push a lot of DIV or LAYER HTML code in only the
template page.

Is it possible ?