struts-user mailing list archives

From "Vandana Gupta/Raleigh/IBM" <vgu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Problem using iterate instead of enumerate
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 22:07:07 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use iterate tag as follows

 <struts:iterate id="myObj" name="myList" type="mypackage.MyObject>
            <struts:htmlProperty name="myObj" property="name"/>
            <struts:htmlProperty name="myObj" property="parent"/>
  </struts:iterate>

"myList" extends Hashtable and contains a collection of "myObject". The
above code worked fine with enumerate. But when I try to use iterate, I get
the following error :

Attribute myObj has no value

I tried replacing the enumerate in registeration.jsp of struts-example with
iterate and it worked fine there. The only difference is that in
struts-example, an array of subscriptions is returned while I am using a
Hashtable. The documentation says iterate works with hashtables... I tried
this with struts_logic: iterate as well and I get the same error.

Any pointers on what I could be missing?

thanks,
Vandana