struts-user mailing list archives

From Mike La Budde <mike.labu...@irista.com>
Subject struts-config.xml problem/question (please help!)
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 18:45:07 GMT
I''m in the process of converting from a home-grown Model-2 architecture to
the struts framework. In my ActionServlet config file I used to just
specify the name of the PATH and the FORWARD without having to fully
qualify either relative to the context's root directory.

For example, here's the directory structure (starting at
../webapps/mycontext/) :

- pages

- - - - - - /inventory

- - - - - - /orders

And here's a snippet from my new config file:

    <!-- Inventory Actions -->
    <action path="/pages/inventory/InventoryActionSearchPage"
            type="com.xyz.inventory.InventoryActionSearchPage">
        <forward
name="success"             path="/pages/inventory/inventorySearch.jsp"/>
    </action>

    <action path="/pages/inventory/InventoryActionListPage"
            type="com.xyz.inventory.InventoryActionListPage">
        <forward
name="success"             path="/pages/inventory/inventoryList.jsp"/>
    </action>

    <action path="InventoryActionViewPage"
            type="com.xyz.inventory.InventoryActionViewPage">
        <forward
name="success"             path="/pages/inventory/inventoryRow.jsp"/>
    </action>

My question is: Why do I have to specify full path locations to everything?
How are others doing this? Of course, keeping everything in the context's
root would eliminate this problem (while creating a new one)....

TIA,

Mike