struts-user mailing list archives

From Sean Moore <seanmo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Multi-page form
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:01:18 GMT
I also am very interested in the multipage "form".

a quote from the old user manual reads:
"Struts encourages you to define a single ActionForm bean that contains
properties for all of the fields, no matter which page the field is
actually displayed on. Likewise, the various pages of the same form
should all be submitted to the same Action Class. If you follow these
suggestions, the page designers can rearrange the fields among the
various pages, with no changes required to the processing logic in
most cases."

What attracted me was the ability for designers to take my
extra long one page form and turn it into as many pages as
needed for normal people and not change any application logic.

I have created a ActionForm called MultipageForm with all of the
variables.
I have created one Action called MultipageAction.
I like only having one Action and only one ActionForm.

My first sticking point is how do I validate the variables
on just the submited page before moving to the next page?
If my designers are moving things all around on
different pages then how do I know which variable is on
which page and when to validate it?

When I get this working I would be glad to submit it as an
example.

Thanks,
Sean