struts-user mailing list archives

From c..@exis.com (Colin Sampaleanu)
Subject RE: Re: problem with Weblogic 5.1
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 12:30:17 GMT
Note that the PageContext issue (error in their PageContextImpl class, when
calling getAttribute or setAttribute on app scope) is resolved in SP5...

-----Original Message-----
From: Klaus Tulipan [mailto:KTulipan@web.de]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 6:19 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org; struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Re: problem with Weblogic 5.1

Same problems as already known:

- difficulties to read servlet 2.2 conform app.xml files
 ( --> changed according to BEA supplied examples)
- unability to load servlet on startup
 (also documented in BEA docs --> loaded by hand when starting the server)
- wrong implementation of PageContext Interface (PageContextImpl); can't
  use PageContext.getAttribute(java.lang.String name, int scope)
 ( --> used the getAttribute(String name) on Session, Request, ...instead)
- problems with Class Loader (--> gave up)

I've supplied BEA with error reports plus struts WAR file about 4 weeks ago;
I am waiting for them to get the war running. So far, they only came back
with some questions like why I use DTD 1.2 instead of 2.2, but they could'nt
run struts.

I am developing on Tomcat since then and have not met on problem yet.

> Possible for you to list the incompatibilities you've found regarding WLS
JSP/servlet implementation?

Klaus Tulipan
Baluna GmbH - E-Commerce Services und Solutions
Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlet, EJB, Application Server, iPlanet, Solaris
Rossertstr. 9
60323 Frankfurt am Main
Tel 069 71915050
Fax 069 71915055