struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: struts-example now broken?
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:53:06 GMT
"Leland, Robert" wrote:

> > it would be *very* helpful to us to have
> > an "old" Struts benchmark with bug fixes.  However, I'd hate to delay any
> > progress on the "new" Struts...
>
> I would agree, that a separate tree might be alot of work ?

It's actually not a huge deal.  CVS makes maintaining multiple branches a
breeze.  And, since I write fair-to-middlin' code (if I do say so myself :-), I
don't expect the burden of dealing with bug fixes to occupy very much time.

> Though, it might help to know what bugs are known TO USERS, nothing fancy.
>
> How about this ... the current bug database for 'struts' is empty.
>
> What if the people who have had VERIFIED bugs, submit
> a bug report at
>
> http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatReport/ReportForm
>
> That way Craig need not do anything and the bug
> database would serve as a resource to us when we
> hit a snag ?

This would be great!  I even get email notifications when new bugs are entered,
so I don't even have to remember to browse every day.  Just put your items
under the "Struts" product category, and mark the release version with either
"Milestone 0" or the date of the daily download you are using.

I will update the docs to include this information as well.

> Hopefully, this would help him solidify struts for October,
> and there isn't alot of time until then.

There's not a lot of time, but there's a lot of energy and enthusiasm around
getting this done :-).

> -Rob

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat