struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Auto-population of non ActionForm beans?
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:43:15 GMT
"Duffey, Kevin" wrote:

> Hey Craig,
>
> Have you added support yet for that little problem I was having..so that
> instead of a bean redoing the same get/set methods as my entity bean, I can
> just pass through directly to the entity bean? That way we don't have to
> implement ActionForm, we can just have any old class be used by the
> auto-population feature?
>
> Thanks.

BeanUtils.populate() can do this for you -- either from a Hashtable of values
or directly from an HttpServletRequest.  This is what the Struts controller
servlet uses to do the auto-populate trick, so you'll end up with the sames
results if our entity bean has the same properties.

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat