struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Struts vs Turbine
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:43:19 GMT
eirik.lygre@evita.no wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're about to start a project, and have been looking at Struts as the
> basic framework. Turbine, too, seems to have some nice features, and
> I'm slightly confused as to how they relate. Or don't.
>
> If anybody knows enough to compare the two, I'd be grateful to see a
> very short comparison.

I'm not really familiar enough with all of Turbine to give you the long
answser, but the short answer goes like this:

* Both frameworks are based on an MVC-style
  model of separating business logic from
  presentation logic.

* Struts really prefers that you use JSP as the
  presentation layer, while Turbine tends to like
  template languages, such as Webmacro, better.

* Turbine has lots of facilities that Struts does not
  currently have.  Some of these areas will get
  addressed before a 1.0 release.

> Thanks,
>
> Eirik

Craig McClanahan