struts-user mailing list archives

From Colin Sampaleanu <co...@Bspark.com>
Subject RE: automated testing
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:33:09 GMT
Servlet sessions use cookies to maintain user session id information, with
URL rewriting as a backup.

Your client needs to preferably support cookies (if you are using a Windows
WinInet based client, this is not a big deal, since WinInet has transparent
cookie support). If you are using Java or Perl code then you will need code
that supports cookies, e.g. looks for cookie headers on incoming data, keeps
a cookie database, and sends the proper cookie with each request.
Alternately, you can rewrite on the URL rewriting feature of sessions. For
this to work though, your client has to hit the site through an initial URL,
and then all subsequent accesses have to be through URLs that are generated
by the site itself. _every_ url that is sent/displayed by the site to
clients must go through the URL rewriting function in the servlet engine
(HttpServletResponse.encodeURL()), so that the engine can add the session
id...