struts-user mailing list archives

From Colin Sampaleanu <co...@Bspark.com>
Subject RE: BEA Claims about Struts on Weblogic
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:31:28 GMT

Yes, WebLogic can persist sessions to share them between different machines.
They can persist to JDBC, to a shared filesystem, or the preferred solution
(much faster) is to persist in memory to a secondary (every cluster member
cn have a secondary in this respect). In the latter case, requests always go
back to the primary, and if that is down, get sent to the secondary.
Anything in the Session that is to be persisted must be serializable, for
obvious reasons. This means for example that if you store an EJB remote ref,
you should also store a handle (which unlike the ref is serializable) to it,
so you can recreate it if you come back in another request and find that
your ref is now null.

Resin can also now persist sessions. I haven't played with the feature to
see how well it works, but will be doing so, since for the time being its
JSP/Servlet implementation is much better than WebLogic's...