struts-user mailing list archives

From "Taylor Cowan" <tay...@bondisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Form and Iterate Tag
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 16:03:44 GMT
> * Make the entire table a single form (and somehow distinguish between the
>
>   multiple occurrences of the fields in each column).

Yes, thats how SilverStream does it in its data view component.

The first step would be to modify the struts field tag so that it can detect
if it is within an interate tag.  The field tag would then append an index
to its name, for example, the "FirstName" field might generate itself like
this...

<input type="text" name="FirstName_1">
<input type="text" name="FirstName_2">

and so on.  You just have to enforce some delimiter rules on the field
names, so that the index can be reliably parsed off the end of the parameter
names.

Taylor Cowan